Saturday, 10 September 2011

goodbye for now.

It's official. I've packed my suitcase for the very last time this summer. My time in the USA is very nearly over for this year and I just wanted to mark it with a little blog post. No pictures, no faffing about with song lyrics, just a few words.

I've had the summer of my life. It's not been all sunshine and light but I don't think I would change a thing - I feel like I've learnt a lot from the low points and it made the high points all the more magical. 

Hidden lake, Bunk 16, Niagara Falls, Catamaran sunbathing, Whistle-twirling 101, Internationals Olympics, Webster Hall,  Setting off car alarms at 7am, Stealing pinnies, First ever baseball games, Forever 21, Curfew, Thinking I'm a G, Golf carts, Mini-college experiences,  Tanning, 'NBD', 'SLASH', 'Not gonna lie...', Finding Nemo, One piece bathing suits, Blasting 90s music during bunk clean up, Stealing palm trees, Stealing a traffic cone, Getting rid of said traffic cone over the balcony, Microwaving coffee, Peanut Butter Cup addiction, Lacrosse, Learning the meaning of a 'Capsule Wardrobe', Buddy calls, Touch rugby, 'Knee-deep in clunge', 'The Clungettes', Squareball, Blondes have more fun, 'Are you married?', Magic water, 'Oh my god, it's 5 to 9', Jellyfish, FroYo, Rooftop parties... I could honestly go on.

The USA is a truly amazing country and I can't wait to come back and explore more, however, the people I've met are the ones who have made this experience into all it could have been. I've made friends for life and I'm so thankful that it isn't the end of the road for us - we'll all stay in touch and hopefully be back next year for American summer camp adventures part 2.

So with a few tears (okay a lot) and countless smiles, I just want to say THANKYOU. 

Summer '11 will stay with me for the rest of my life. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds fabulous, you're so lucky to have had such a wonderful experience and I'm sure you'll hold on to the memories of it for the rest of your life :) I hate to be telling you that it is currently chucking it down in Manchester..but hey, it's home after all right? Have a safe trip back sweet.

    Louisejoyb xo | Bits&Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Sounds really amazing & looks like you've had a proper good time. Inspires me to maybe actually get my stuff together & sort out going to an American summer camp next year like I've been saying for years...

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoy your summer, I went last year to live to Belgium and I didn't care a lot about the blog but I really enjoyed my time there and it worth it! sometimes we need that gap in our life's...

    xoxo
    www.mycherrygum.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love ! xoxo